Mayor Broome creates equal pay commission
East Baton Rouge Parish Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome has created the Town-Parish Equal Pay Commission to “promote pay equity among area employers,” Broome’s office announced today.
Broome says the commission will begin meeting next year and will be responsible for:
- Work with businesses and educational institutions to develop and maintain best practices to encourage pay equity.
- Encourage employers to implement equal pay.
- Make companies aware of the importance of pay equity.
- Study and report on equal pay trends, including trends from comparable cities, to identify and implement best practices in the parish.
- Identify and recognize employers who implement equal pay practices.
- Work to make BÃ¢ton Rouge a model city in terms of pay equity.
- Develop and submit to Broome a comprehensive strategy on best practices in equal pay for employers.
- Establish and develop partnerships with public and private entities to raise awareness of equal pay.