City Life Org – Gucci releases latest edition of its Chime Zine and announces 2022 Chime for Change recipients
Image: Gucci Balance
• Continuing its commitment to gather, unite and strengthen the voices speaking out for gender equality, Gucci’s CHIME FOR CHANGE campaign expands its partnerships with The Meteor and nonprofit partners worldwide
• Since its inception in 2013, the campaign has raised over $19 million to support projects and advocacy activities in 89 countries, benefiting over 630,000 girls and women worldwide and reaching over 3 million families and community members.
• Beneficiaries supported this year include, in Italy, Associazione Artemisia, BEAWARENOW, Casa Internazionale delle Donne and SvS Donna Aiuta Donna with the Cascina Ri-Nascita project, and globally, Equality Now, Global Fund for Women, mothers2mothers , Ms. Foundation for Women and Promundo
Gucci and its long-running global gender equality campaign CHIME FOR CHANGE launch the latest issue of CHIME Zine, dedicated to amplifying the voices of activists and artists around the world calling for gender equality, and features the latest series of grants this year to nonprofit partners globally.
Edited by community organizer and author Adam Eli, and directed by visual artist MP5, the new issue of CHIME Zine features a curated collection of works by contributors, including: Elisa Manici on the stigma of being overweight and its cultural meanings, Assa Traore on the movement for racial justice in France and around the world, Eno Pei-Jean Chen on queer culture in Taiwan and South Korea with translation by Ariel Chuwork of Kira Wei-Hsin Jacobson (許維昕)graphic art by Rawand Issaa personal account by dr. Ritu Singh on the role of women in the historic protest of Indian farmers, Isabel Mavrides-Calderon at the intersection of gender and disability, Faaolo Utumapu-Utailesolo about working with Women Enabled International on disability and gender-based violence in Samoa, and Cecile Gentili in conversation with Bianka Rodriguez on trans activism and the discrimination trans women face in housing, sex work, the criminal justice system, and within the trans community in Central America and beyond.
This latest issue of the CHIME Zine is available digitally on Gucci Equilibrium, Gucci’s platform for social impact and sustainability, and will be available in print later this month at the Gucci Garden in Florence, Gucci Bookstore Wooster in New York and various independent bookstores. globally.
CARILLON PARTNERS FOR CHANGE 2022
Since 2013, CHIME FOR CHANGE has directly supported more than 630,000 women and girls through more than 180 nonprofit partners and grassroots women-led organizations. CHIME FOR CHANGE is pleased to continue to fund long-time nonprofit partners who are working to advance towards a gender-equal future through local programs around the world, including Brazil, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, the Middle East and the North. Africa region and southern region of the United States. This core funding builds on direct support from Gucci and CHIME FOR CHANGE to various feminist organizations, movements and activists earlier this year, including Women Enabled International, Young Feminist Europe and Outright Action International.
CHIME FOR CHANGE grants continue to advance Gucci’s five-year commitment to UN Women’s Generation Equality Action Coalitions to apply intersectional approaches; support community-led, trust-based giving with a focus on the next generation of activists; and provide direct and flexible funding to feminist movements and leaders around the world. The latest round of grants from CHIME FOR CHANGE will support:
• Associazione Artemisia, BEAWARENOW, Casa Internazionale delle Donne and SvS Donna Aiuta Donna with the Cascina Ri-Nascita project: Partner with organizations across Italy to support programs to address gender-based violence and help women survivors;
• Equality now: Ongoing support for activists in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia to campaign in their communities to influence cultural and legal changes that will shape a more equal future for women and girls in all the regions ;
• Global Fund for Women: Continued support to five regional feminist funds – Fondo Semillas in Mexico, ELAS Fund in Brazil, HER Fund in Hong Kong, Mediterranean Women’s Fund in the Mediterranean region and Numun Fund to build their digital capacities and advance innovative feminist technology;
• mothers2mothers: Expand health services for women and children in Ghana, and recruit, train and employ mentor mothers – local women living with HIV who work as essential frontline health workers, providing lifesaving health services and education for women, parents/guardians and their families and communities;
• Ms Foundation for Women: Support grassroots organizations in the United States, led by and for women and girls who identify as Black, Indigenous, or of color, working to create systemic change to advance racial and gender equity in their communities ;
• Promundo: Continue supporting the KERING FOUNDATION’s Global Boyhood Initiative, launched in 2020 in partnership with Promundo and expanding to France, Italy, Mexico, UK and USA.
In March 2022, CHIME FOR CHANGE was pleased to support UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, in providing emergency assistance to refugees fleeing violence in Ukraine, many of whom are women and children .
CHIME FOR CHANGE AND PARTNER METEOR FOR 22 For ’22 GLOBAL SUMMIT
To further strengthen the voices speaking out for gender equality, CHIME FOR CHANGE is pleased to continue its partnership with The Meteor, a collective of journalists, artists and activists, for their second annual virtual summit. , 22 For ’22: Visions for a Feminist Future, May 9. Hosted by Symone Sanders and featuring artists, activists and journalists, including Dolores Huerta, Tarana Burke, Amandla Stenberg, Janicza Bravo, Fatema Hosseini, Raquel Willis, Paola Ramos and many more, the gathering will address topics such as the climate, democracy, reproductive freedom, refugee crises and more. The inaugural event – 21 For ’21 – brought together a global, cross-generational group of voices around gender equality topics in May 2021, with programming including moderated conversations, short videos, monologues and talks. other storytelling formats, garnering over 50 million impressions from a global audience. Registration for the free virtual event on May 9 is available at 22for22.live.
About CHIME FOR CHANGE
CHIME FOR CHANGE is a global campaign founded by Gucci in 2013 to gather, unite and strengthen voices advocating for gender equality. To date, the campaign has raised over $19 million to support projects and advocacy in 89 countries. Through funding of nearly 500 projects with more than 180 nonprofit partners, CHIME FOR CHANGE support has directly benefited more than 630,000 girls and women worldwide and reached more than 3 million family members and of communities.
About Gucci Equilibrium
Gucci Equilibrium is our commitment to creating positive change for people and our planet. Driven by creativity and collaboration, we reduce our environmental impact and protect nature, while prioritizing inclusivity and respect, so that everyone in our global #GucciCommunity is free to express their authentic and diverse identity. Building on the momentum of our 100th anniversary, we move forward into the decades to come with an ongoing commitment to strengthening our culture of purpose, demonstrating our values through innovative pathways to social and environmental sustainability. Gucci Equilibrium unifies the principles we stand for and the actions we pursue to better treat our world and each other, for our collective future.
For more information, visit equilibre.gucci.com and discover Gucci’s Instagram dedicated to social and environmental sustainability at Instagram.com/GucciEquilibrium.